Fortnite servers are going down this morning with matchmaking set to be temporarily offline as Epic Games goes about releasing the brand new 5.2 update for the game.
For those wondering, this is for both game modes – Battle Royale and Saver the World – and all available platforms, including PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and iOS Mobile devices.
Despite a lot of chatter about the Fortnite Android release, it’s not coming today.
Official patch notes have arrived for the new update and as with every update, there’s also a number of secrets hidden inside the game’s code. And like before, the update has been datamined by users who have revealed a number of new items on their way to the game shop.
There are new upcoming cosmetics, including new skins, pickaxes, gliders, back bling and emotes.
It’s unclear when these new items could go live in the game, but it’s likely going to be spread out over the next few days and possibly weeks as items you can obtain from the shop when it refreshes each morning at 1am.
Take a look at the new cosmetics in the gallery below:
Fortnite 5.2 Update
Here’s what Epic had to say on the new update that went live this morning:
“You’ve got two shots… make them count! Deal massive damage at close range with the new Double Barrel Shotgun and outrun the Storm in the newest LTM for BattleRoyale. Steady your aim and shake up your foes with the new Mythic Outlander, coming to Save the World.”
Here’s a breakdown of the main features which have arrived today:
Double Barrel Shotgun (Battle Royale)
Devastating at close range, the Double Barrel Shotgun packs a punch with each of its 2 shots.
Steady Storm (Battle Royale)
This Storm waits for no player and there are no safe zones. Stay aware of the map and keep moving it to the center of the circle in the Steady Storm LTM.
Ragnarok, The Dark Viking (Save the World)
A new Mythic Outlander arrives with a ground shattering ability, Seismic Impact!
Horde Challenges (Save the World)
Test your skills and earn lots of loot with weekly Horde Challenges.
What were the previous Fortnite Season 5 Challenges?
If you missed a week and want to go back and complete some past challenges from Season 5, here’s the list of what you’ve missed out on.
Plus some links to helpful guides to assist you with completing some of the more tricky weekly challenges.
Week 4 Challenges (August 2nd 2018)
- Build Structures (250)
- Jump through flaming hoops with Shopping Cart of ATK (5)
- Eliminate opponents in Dusty Divot (HARD) (3)
- Deal damage with Sniper Rifles to opponents (500)
- Search Chests in Flush Factory (7)
- Search between a gas station, soccer pitch, and Stunt Mountain (HARD) (1)
- Pistol Eliminations (HARD) (3)
Week 3 Challenges (July 26th 2018)
- Deal damage to opponents in a single match (500)
- Use a Launchpad (1)
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory (HARD) (1)
- Search chests in Fatal Fields (7)
- Shoot a Clay Pigeon at different locations (5)
- Eliminate opponents in Haunted Hills (5)
- Explosive weapon eliminations (HARD) (3)
Week 2 Challenges (July 19th 2018)
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles to opponents (1000 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search 7 Ammo Boxes in a single match (7 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Paradise Palms (HARD) (3 total, 10 Battle Stars)
- Score a basket on different hoops (5 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search chests in Loot Lake (7 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search between an oasis, rock archway and dinosaurs (HARD) (1 total, 10 Battle Stars)
- Sniper Rifle Eliminations (HARD) (2 total, 10 Battle Stars)
Week 1 Challenges (July 12th 2018)
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search a Supply Llama (1 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade Eliminations (3 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Snobby Shores (7 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search floating Lightning Bolts (7 total, 10 Battle Stars)
- Follow the treasure map found in Risky Reels (1 total, 10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (3 total, 10 Battle Stars)